0.10.2.1 Background corruption
Areas with no corruption flag set:
Otherwise, the corruption points (CP's) gained depend on a Danger
Level (DL) in particular area. Refer to section 0.13.15 for the list
of areas and their DL's.
- Small Cave before day 90
- Uninteresting Dungeon
- Dusty Dungeon lvls 1-2
- Village Dungeon
- Druid Dungeon
- Puppy Cave
- Caverns of Chaos lvls 1-9
- Infinite Dungeon lvls 1-9
- Gremlin Cave
- Dwarven graveyard
- Water dragon cave
- Greater White Unicorn Glade
- High Mountain Village
- Old Barbarian's Glade
- Mad Minstrel's clearing
Thanks to Vladimir Panteleev for the following information.
No other corruption occurs if:
The background corruption is applied once every N turns. If the PC is
doomed, that's TWICE every N turns:
- the current level has the NoCorruption flag set (see the list above)
- DL < 10
- the chaos gate is closed.
if (TurnNumber mod N=0) or (Doomed and (TurnNumber mod N=1)) then
(this is how mathematicians/programmers say once normally and twice with
doomed intrinsic per N turns)
N is calculated based on the DL the PC is on.
- ID: N=CorruptionSpeed[ Max(Min(90,CurrentIDLevel)-10,0)/20 ]
- ID 67: N=20
- Levels with Danger Level>40: N=CorruptionSpeed[ (DangerLevel-5)/10 ]
- Other N=CorruptionSpeed[ (DangerLevel-10)/10 ]
CorruptionSpeed is a 5-element array
Put in words, N can be 2, 5, 10, 15 or 20. The smaller N, the faster the corruption.
In the Infinite dungeon, N is 20 for
levels 10-29, 15 for levels 30-49, 10 for levels 50-69, 5 for levels 70-89, and 2
for levels 90 and above. The exception is level I: 67 (the special level with MaLaKaI)
where N is 20. For other areas, N is 20 for DL 10-19, 15 for DL 20-29, 10 for DL 30-39,
5 for DL 40-44, and 2 for DL 45 and above.
- CorruptionSpeed= 5
- CorruptionSpeed= 2
If the background corruption is to be applied on this turn:
Function Random(max) generates a whole random number between 1 and max.
- 1 CP is always applied
- if the current level is in the CoC and DL > 45, +2 CP
- chaos plane: +Random(100) CP's
- emperor moloch's level: +Random(33) CP's
Now, there's a bug in the corrupting code. This is how it SHOULD have
- +1 CP if it's beyond day 90.
- +2 CP if it's beyond day 180. (cumulative with previous)
- +3 CP if it's beyond day 270. (cumulative with previous)
- +4 CP if it's beyond day 360. (cumulative with previous)
However, only the first line is executed - the 90-day limit.
Being L+ decreases corruption by -20%, C- enhances corruption by +30%,
lawful Unicorn-borns get another -10%.
Note that since background corruption is applied only by 1-2 points, the
above do not affect its speed, but major corruptions, such as eating
chaotic corpses etc. The "crowned as champion" status does not affect corruption speed.
By the way, 1 corruption = 1000 CP's.